- At Hummingbird AI we strive for transparency and trust when it comes to protecting your privacy and we want to explain clearly how we collect and process your information. It’s important to us that you should enjoy using our HOOD service and website without compromising your privacy. This policy explains how we collect and use personal information, and the reasons for doing so. You have the right to access, change or delete your personal information at any time and you can find out more about this and your other rights in the FAQ section below. Otherwise, you can contact our privacy team directly; their details are included in our “Contact Us” section
- The Hood service
- Our HOOD service uses the online HOOD platform, powered by the HOOD chatbot and our proprietary search algorithms, to enable users who have subscribed to the service (“HOOD users”) who are looking to move and settle into a new neighbourhood (or who just want to better enjoy their current neighbourhood) to connect with listed service providers who can help them with their identified service needs (“service providers”). The HOOD service enables:
- service providers to list on the HOOD service and to load their service details and pricing onto the HOOD platform;
- HOOD users to subscribe to the service, identify their service needs and find the best customer-rated service providers to meet those needs;
- HOOD users to send their selected service provider a priced proposal based on their identified service needs and the service providers’ listed pricing;
- the HOOD user and service provider to finalise a priced proposal to create a binding services agreement for performance of the required services.
- The personal information we collect and how we collect it
- If you are a HOOD user, we will use the HOOD chatbot to ask you for the limited personal information we need to enable us to provide you the HOOD service, for example your name, address (current and proposed new) and other contact details.We may also collect personal information about you from other parties. For example, the HOOD chatbot operates on Facebook Messenger and when you access the HOOD service via Facebook Messenger certain personal information about you (eg name, date of birth, email address and any other information you have made publicly accessible) will be provided to us. Where the HOOD chatbot operates on other messaging platforms we may receive similar personal information about you. We won’t retain any such information which we don’t need to deliver the HOOD service.If you are a service provider we will ask you for a limited amount of personal information which we need to manage your listing and account. This information will include a named contact person, their address, date of birth, email address and contact phone number.
- Cookies and web beacons
Our website may contain electronic images known as "web beacons" or "single-pixel gifs" which help deliver cookies on our sites and allow us to count visitors. We may include web beacons on all web pages on our website to determine whether messages have been opened and acted on. We may also use web beacons from third parties to help us compile aggregated statistics regarding the operations of our websites. We prohibit web beacons on our websites from being used by third parties to collect or access your personal information.
Cookies must be enabled in your browser or device to use the HOOD service.
When you receive newsletters or promotional e-mails from us, we may use web beacons, customised links or similar technologies to determine whether the e-mail has been opened and which links you click in order to provide you with more focused e-mail communications or other information.
- How we use your personal information
- We will only use personal information we receive about you for the following purposes:
- to provide you the HOOD service;
- to enable us to manage and enforce our Website Terms, our HOOD User Terms and our Service Provider Terms;
- we may use IP addresses and device identifiers which we collect from users’ interactions with our website to identify the location of users, to block disruptive use and to establish the number of visits from different locations;
- to personalise and customise your experience of our website;
- for analysis and research purposes to enable us to improve the HOOD service;
- we may use and disclose aggregated information (ie so that no individuals are identified) for marketing and strategic development purposes.
- Will you be contacted for marketing purposes?
- We will only send you marketing where you have agreed to this.We may use information we hold about you to show you relevant advertising on third party sites (eg Facebook). If you don’t want to be shown targeted advertising messages from us, some third party sites allow you to request not to see further messages from specific advertisers on that site.If you want to stop receiving marketing direct from us, including targeted advertising messages on third party sites, you can do so by contacting us as set out in the ‘Contact Us’ section below.
- Sharing your personal information
- We will keep your information within Hummingbird AI except where disclosure is required or permitted by law (for example to government bodies and law enforcement agencies) or as described in this section.Generally, we will only share your information outside Hummingbird AI where you have requested it or given your consent. We may share some data with third party sites (eg Facebook), with appropriate security measures, to show you advertising on those sites, as set out in section 6.We may also use a third party to process your information on our behalf, for example to provide services or analysis. We will require these third parties to comply strictly with our instructions and require that they do not use your personal information for their own purposes, unless you have explicitly consented to such use of your personal information
- Storing and transferring personal information internationally
- We may transfer your personal information to external service providers located outside your jurisdiction for certain of the purposes listed above. We will require these third parties to comply strictly with our instructions and require that they do not use your personal information for their own purposes. We will do so only if the service provider provides appropriate privacy compliance safeguards, and on condition that enforceable data subject rights and effective legal remedies for data subjects are available to you.The third parties to whom we may disclose your personal information include the following:
- our data hosting and cloud-based IT service providers (located in the United States);
- other external technology partners and service providers (located in the United States); and
- other third parties operating in other jurisdictions where you have authorised us to do so.
- Keeping your information safe
- We take information safety seriously and have policies and procedures in place to ensure the information we hold on you remains safe. We limit who has access to your information and ensure that those who do are bound by contracts to keep your information availability restricted and safe.
- Contact us
- If you have any questions about this policy or your personal information you can write to us at:Hummingbird AIAttention: Data Privacy Manager
PO Box 2114
Camberwell West, VIC 3124
Alternatively you can use the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are contacting us to gain access to personal information we hold about you or to exercise other right you have in relation to your personal information we will ask you for acceptable forms of identification before processing your request.
- How long will HOOD keep my personal information?We will only keep your personal information for as long as we need it to provide you the HOOD service in accordance with applicable laws and to enable us to manage and enforce our HOOD User Terms, our Service Provider Terms or any other contract we have with you.How can I find out what personal information you hold about me?
You can contact our Data Privacy Manager as set out in the ‘Contact Us’ section above
We won’t normally charge for such a request, although we may impose a charge to cover our administrative expenses if additional requests are made for the same information.
Can I ask you to delete my personal information?
Yes, you can require us to delete your personal information by contacting us as set out in the ‘Contact Us’ section above.
How can I correct my personal information?
You can correct any error or incompleteness you discover in the personal information we hold about you by contacting us as set out in the ‘Contact Us’ section above.
Can I obtain a copy of my personal information?
You can ask us for an electronic copy of your personal information and we will provide the data to you, or the person you’ve nominated, in a structured, commonly used and machine readable form. To request an electronic copy of your personal information contact us as set out in the ‘Contact Us’ section above.
What other rights do I have?
You can also request that we stop processing personal information we hold about you, by contacting us as set out in the ‘Contact Us’ section above.
How can I make a complaint?
- Changes to this policy